Is your dog leaving a mess in the yard? If so, you’re probably using one of those plastic bags to clean it up. But did you know there’s a better way?
Compostable dog poop bags are made from materials that can be composted after use. Not only are they better for the environment but also more sanitary than plastic bags.
Here’s why you should switch to compostable dog poop bags.
Are Compostable Dog Bags Good?
As a dog owner, you know that picking up its poop is part of your responsibility. But have you ever thought about what happens to those plastic bags full of waste once they’re in the trash? They sit in landfills for years, slowly breaking down and releasing harmful chemicals into the environment.
Compostable dog poop bags are a much better option for the environment. They’re made from materials that can be composted, meaning they’ll break down quickly and won’t release harmful chemicals. Plus, using compostable dog poop bags is sanitary.
Do Compostable Dog Poop Bags Work?
When it comes to the effect on your surroundings, compostable dog poo bags are great. You don’t have to worry about them harming the environment due to their composition. Also, they’re more sanitary than plastic bags, so you can feel good about using them.
How to Use Compostable Dog Waste Bags
Just like ordinary plastic bags, compostable dog poop bags are utilised the same. However, you don’t just throw them away anywhere you like. Because they are ‘compostable’ they can be sent into a compost bin or pile. Putting them away along with other waste that go directly to landfills will only defeat their purpose.
What Are the Benefits of Compostable Dog Waste Bags?
If you’re a dog owner, then you know that one of the most important things you can do for your pet is to pick up their waste. Not only is it a courtesy to your neighbours, but it’s also important for sanitary reasons. After all, dog waste can contain harmful bacteria that can spread disease.
There are many options out there for dog waste bags, but more and more people are choosing compostable bags.
Let’s break down the benefits we get from using compostable dog poop bags.
- They are much better for the environment. Traditional plastic bags can take centuries to break down, but compostable bags take only months under ideal conditions. This means that they’ll have a much smaller impact on the environment overall.
- Compostable dog poop bags can actually be used to create compost. This compost can then be used in your garden, which is a great way to reduce your reliance on chemical fertilisers.
- Many people find that compostable dog poop bags simply smell better than traditional plastic bags. This is because they’re made from natural materials, like cornstarch, that don’t hold onto odours the way plastics do.
So, if you’re looking for a more environmentally friendly option for your dog’s waste, then compostable dog poop bags are definitely worth considering.
Helpful Tips When Picking Up Your Dog Poop Outside
No one likes picking up dog poop, but it’s necessary if you’re a pet owner. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to make the task a bit easier.
- Firstly, invest in a good pooper scooper. A quality pooper scooper will make it much easier to pick up dog waste, and it will also help to keep your hands clean.
- Secondly, be sure to choose the right bags. If you’re using traditional plastic bags, they can often tear when picking up dog waste. This can be messy and frustrating. Compostable dog poop bags are a great alternative, as they’re strong and durable.
- Finally, have a plan for disposing of the waste. Once you’ve scooped it up, you’ll need to put it in a garbage can or dumpster. If possible, try to find a place that’s out of the way so you don’t mix it with other waste.
Picking up dog poop is never going to be fun, but it’s an important part of being a responsible pet owner. By following these tips, you can make the task a bit easier.
Bonnie Bio: Sustainable Compostable Packaging in Australia
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly way to manage your dog’s waste when you’re outside, look no further than waste soluble dog poop bags. Bonnie Bio’s compostable bags make it easy for you to get on with your clean and green way of living. You can go on with your life or business as conveniently as possible, including the way you handle your pet’s poop.
So why not ditch those wasteful plastic bags and switch to something better for the environment? Get your supplies at Bonnie Bio today!